Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Joy of Love!

So I recently came across this photography class that I can take for free online. One of my very dear friends, who is a photographer brought it to my attention and I am so glad she did. I have never really been interested in photography until I gave birth to my own children. It was at this time that I splurged and bought a really awesome camera! For the past 3 years, I have grown to love capturing photos of my little people! Although I will probably never have enough patience to do all the editing required to be a professional photographer...I think it will be neat to go through this experience and learn as much as I can so that I can continue to capture those special moments of my children.

The class is called The Joy of Love and everyday I am given an assignment to complete. Today's assignment is to capture a Then and Now shot. So here is my then and now...


This photo of Zach was taken by my dear photographer friend for Zach's 1st Christmas photo. He was 9 months old in this picture!

Then...

And now here is my little man just a few months ago!

Now...

The assignment was to capture a close up picture and try to crop out all of the background. Since the first photo was taken by friend, you can see that I still have some learning to do based on my second photo!

I am super excited about this journey and looking forward to learning as much as I can about the world of photography!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Awesome, Amy!

April E. :) said...

Amy, love the Then and Now...I am in the class too and loving it!!