Sunday, February 6, 2011

Joy of Love:Day 6 & 7

This assignment from Joy of Love really warms my heart! It is a post about two people who are the closest to me...my mom and my grandmother. Lesson 6 focuses on "Who they Love." When I think of the "they" I am thinking of my children and other than my husband and myself...they absolutely adore their Granna! Granna can walk into a room and both of their faces light up! Zach of course runs to Granna with open arms as he has already had almost 3 years of being spoiled by her. Addie isn't quite sure yet of the meaning of Granna but she knows that this lady is super special. When she sees Granna, her feet start kicking, her arms reaching and the smile on her face...priceless!
Granna is a very special lady to my children!


Lesson 7 is all about generations! My grandmother is one of the most amazing people that I have ever known. My prayer was always to be able to give birth to my children and have her be around to know them. God is so good the way he answers prayer. My grandmother began to struggle with alzheimer's before Zach was born...so naturally I was always concerned she wouldn't know or remember him. Zach has become a huge sparkle in my grandmothers eyes! Here is a generation photo taken of the four of us when Zach was four months old.



When Addison was born, my grandmother's memory hadn't gotten any better...but with the power of prayer...she does know her sweet great-granddaughter Addison Jean...who is named after her! Addison is three months old in this photo.
Here is our generation photo with Addie Jean!


We love you so much Granna and Mauzy!
(Laura Jean Cope)

1 comment:

Granna said...

Words cannot express what I felt when I saw this post. I feel honored to be Zach and Addies grandparent. It is the best felling in the world when your grandchild runs into to yours, or they get so excited and swing their hands and legs to get to you. These babies light up my life. I thank God for Amy and her beautiful family. Now, this week-end they will be gone, I will be lost without them!