Sunday, August 31, 2008

Brave Mommy!

Well...today I finally did something brave with my son! I know since Zachary has been born, my family has thought I am a bit neurotic as a mom...and maybe I am, but to my defense, this is the first time I have done this :)
In the beginning of Zachary's life...I didn't leave my house for the first month because I was scared to death of germs! AND if anyone dare touch my child without hand sanitizer...it was on! Then it was never leaving him alone with anyone unless I was there. AND then it was making sure I was home in time for his nap because dare I be out in public around nap time. The thought of Zach not napping in his own crib, made me a wreak! Well...at 6 months old...times have changed. I, unlike my husband don't lose my hair if someone doesn't sanitize. Daddy is a work in progress :) I also have learned to get Zach to nap in the strangest of places...and luckily for me...I have an easy going child. Any mother who can get her child to nap in Crazy Lil's (which is a loud bar restaurant), must be doing pretty good! But today I conquered one of my biggest fears...I left him alone in the CHURCH NURSERY!!!!!!! OMG...this was huge for me. Other kids...other germs...but I did it! Zach had a blast! I went to check on him half way through the service and he was bouncing in a bouncer laughing his cute little head off! So...yes in deed....I am making progress. Bottom line, the way I see it... I am his mother, and at the end of the day I have to be comfortable with the decisions I make regarding my child. If I am not comfy with that...then nothing else matters! I too am a work in progress :)

Tonight I captured a few cute shots of Zachary playing in the trees with Nona and Pop Pop. He was so cute!



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey, great job with the blog. You're a great mom!!!

Anonymous said...

Just wait until the day you let him eat food off of a table at Unos!!! ;)